In Alaska, the breakup season has come early! With this warm weather and melting snow, all I can think about is farmers markets and fresh fruit! So, how can we base a dessert around fruit? My friend baked the yummiest Fruit Pizza and I knew that was the perfect recipe to share this week. Try out your own Fruit Pizza today!
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until smooth. Mix in egg. combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; stir into the creamed mixture until just blended. Press dough into an ungreased pizza pan.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with 1/2 cup sugar and vanilla until light. Spread on cooled crust.
5. Arrange desired fruit on top of filling, and chill.
Like Jo’s Oven or Sinfully Sweet Treats? Try our custom cakes and cupcakes today! Don’t have time to make candies? No problem! To see our portfolio of cakes and cupcakes, follow us on Facebook @seductivelysweetcakes and Instagram @sscakesncandies. At Seductively Sweet Cakes and Candies, I specialize in both buttercream and fondant for all your cake decorating needs. Contact me today to start building the cake or cupcakes of your dreams, (907) 978-1195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.