April fools is just around the corner so let’s have some fun! Instead of our normal dessert recipes, I scoured the web for dinner’s disguised as desserts!
April Fools’ Cake
- 1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 package (8 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 5 to 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a bowl, combine the pizza sauce, sausage and pepperoni; set aside. In another bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, eggs, butter and garlic salt. Spread half of the batter on the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Spoon meat mixture over batter; cover with remaining batter.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until browned and a toothpick comes out clean. Invert onto a baking sheet. Arrange cheese over cake. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Using two large metal spatulas, transfer cake to a serving platter; serve immediately.
April Fool Meatball Sub
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Krispies, coarsely crushed
- 3 small scoops chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon seedless strawberry jam, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 2 teaspoons sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels
- Place cereal in a shallow bowl. Roll ice cream scoops in cereal to coat. Cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwave-safe bowl combine 1/2 cup jam and ice cream topping. Microwave on high for 10-20 seconds or until warmed. Cut pound cake in half horizontally. Place bottom half on a serving plate. Spoon half of the jam mixture over cake; top with ice cream scoops, remaining jam mixture, marshmallow creme, and coconut. Replace the cake top.
- In another microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining jam. Brush over top of cake; sprinkle with sunflower kernels. Serve immediately.
Like Jo’s Oven or Sinfully Sweet Treats? Try our custom cakes and cupcakes today! Don’t have time to make candies? No problem! To see our portfolio of cakes and cupcakes, follow us on Facebook @seductivelysweetcakes and Instagram @sscakesncandies. At Seductively Sweet Cakes and Candies, I specialize in both buttercream and fondant for all your cake decorating needs. Contact me today to start building the cake or cupcakes of your dreams, (907) 978-1195 or email@example.com.