Part 2 of our dinner disguised as dessert!
Candy “Onion” Rings
- 10 licorice pastels
- 10 pieces Twizzlers Rainbow Twists
- 5 ounces white candy coating, melted
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Place a pastel at the end of a twist. Attach the other end of twist to pastel, forming a ring. Repeat with remaining pastels and twists.
- Place melted coating and cracker crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Dip rings in coating allowing excess to drip off, then roll in crumbs. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Meat Loaf Cake for Two
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese, divided
- Orange and green food coloring
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the carrot, oats, milk, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into two 1-in. thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160° and juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Press through a potato ricer or strainer into a small bowl. Stir in the milk, salt, and white pepper.
- Place one burger on a serving plate. Spread 3/4 cup mashed potatoes over top. Top with the remaining burger. Spread remaining mashed potatoes over top and sides of cake. In a small bowl, tint 4 teaspoons cream cheese orange; pipe carrots over top of the cake. Tint remaining cream cheese green; pipe tops on carrots. Press bread crumbs into sides of cake.
Like Jo’s Oven or Sinfully Sweet Treats? Try our custom cakes and cupcakes today! Don’t have time to make candies? No problem! To see our portfolio of cakes and cupcakes, follow us on Facebook @seductivelysweetcakes and Instagram @sscakesncandies. At Seductively Sweet Cakes and Candies, I specialize in both buttercream and fondant for all your cake decorating needs. Contact me today to start building the cake or cupcakes of your dreams, (907) 978-1195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.